- We believe in God, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in the doctrine of the oneness of God. (John 17:20-23; Ephesians 4:4-6; I John 5:7)
- We believe that God was manifested in flesh. (John 1:1; 14; II Corinthians 8:9; Philippians 2:6-7; I Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. (Luke 3:22; John 1:34; John 3:16)
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Matthew 1:18-25)
- We believe that Eternal Life is the life of God, and that we can find that life only through Jesus Christ. (John 1:12; John 1:18; Hebrews 10:19-23; I John 5:11-13)
- We believe in Christ’s death on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. (I Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 7:27; 9:11-12)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:6; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:6)
- We believe that all persons are sinners by nature and, therefore, need to be born again of the water and of the Spirit. (John 3:1-7; I Peter 1:23; I John 5:1)
- We advocate salvation from sin through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:9; I John 1:7; Hebrews 13:12; Colossians 1:14)
- We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. (Acts 2:4; 8:15-19; 10:44-46; 19:6)
- We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit in the church and that every believer is given a gift. (I Corinthians 12:1-11; Ephesians 4:11-16; Romans 12:3-8; I Peter 4:10)
- We believe in the daily progressive sanctification of the saints. (Romans 12:1-2; II Corinthians 4:16; Ephesians 5:26; Philippians 2:12)
- We believe in being buried with Christ in baptism. (Romans 6:3-4; Acts 8:37-39; Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 8:16: 10:48; 19:5; Colossians 3:17)
- We believe in the Holy Communion of the body of believers (Lord’s Supper). (Genesis 14:18; Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 11:23-29; Mark 14:22-26)
- We believe in the tithing of the saints. (Genesis 14:20; 28:22; Leviticus 27:30-32; Numbers 18:26; Nehemiah 10:38; Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:10; Matthew 5:20; Matthew 23:23; Hebrews 7:1-10)
- We believe in obeying the laws of the land, so long as no Holy law of God is being violated in doing so. (Matthew 22:21; Romans 13:1-7; I Peter 2:13-17)
- We believe in soul winning (evangelism for the conversion of souls). (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:2-3; Matthew 28:19; Acts 1:8)
- We believe in the literal premillennial, second coming of Jesus Christ. (John 14:3; Acts 1:11; I Thessalonians 4:4-17; Revelation 20:1-6)
- The conclusion of the whole matter is, we believe: Ecclesiastes 12:13; John 2:5
The great theme of the Scriptures is REDEMPTION THROUGH THE BLOOD (OF JESUS, THE CHRIST). It began in the mind of God (in eternity), extends from Genesis 3:15, 21 through I Peter 1:18-25, from Revelation 13:8 to Revelation 22:17-21, and re-enters the timelessness that is eternity. This redemptive plan of God reveals His love and demonstrates His blood shed sacrificially for all sin. It is His main purpose that all mankind be redeemed from sin (John 3:16-18, 36; John 5:24; II Peter 3:9).
It is the sovereign God alone Who gives “the vision” to His chosen, ordained, and anointed vessels. What is the purpose of the vision? The recipient is to carry out an aspect of His complete plan for the redemption of the world. Our God-given vision is to mirror the life of Jesus Christ at all times, which enhances our witness to the lost (I John 4:17).
The vision that the Lord has given us is consistent with His Word, and is birthed out of His commandments in Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 14:23, and Acts 1:8.To put the vision in a nutshell:The vision of one person is, at best, a single dot in the universe. God alone has the total picture -His vision- with all of the details (Psalms 139; Isaiah 57:15), and I believe that the vision the Lord has given me is His heart. I cannot always explain His vision, but I invite you to stand alongside me, and I am confident that He will reveal it to you as well. Being of one mind in pursuit of the vision is essential: there is no limit of what God can do in the midst of a united people as we carry out His plan for the redemption of the world.
– Elder Rubin S. Thompson, Senior Pastor
Pastor Rubin S. Thompson, the youngest and only male of five children, accepted the call to preach when he was 13 years old and has over 35 years of experience in ministry in New York City
While only a teenager, Pastor Rubin was licensed as a Minister and was the founder and president of “Youth for Christ Ministries.” The purpose of this organization was to assist Pastors with their youth outreach programs by networking with other young ministers of the New York Metropolitan area and coordinating crusades and revivals designed to “reach the lost through Pentecost.” Soon after, Pastor Thompson became the radio announcer and preacher for the late Pastor J.B. Brown on his Saturday morning broadcast from the New Testament Baptist Church in New York City. It was during one of those broadcasts that Pastor Thompson met his “wife for life” Yvonne Thompson, who sang with a visiting choir. They later married when he was just 23 and she was only 21. In 2012, First Lady Yvonne was also ordained as an Elder into ministry.
Pastor Thompson fell in love with music ministry at a young age, realizing the joy and deliverance that comes through praising and worshipping God. He has directed church choirs, organized praise and worship teams and even began a Children’s Gospel Choir at the school where he formerly taught, The Children’s Storefront in NYC. Through directing and leading the Children’s Storefront Gospel Choir, Pastor Thompson has had the opportunity to share the Gospel in song on the “Today” Show and “Emeril Live”; and to sing in such prestigious venues as St. John’s Cathedral, the United Nations, Rockefeller Center and others.
In over 35 years of ministry service, Pastor Thompson has worn many hats and fulfilled various leadership roles. His earliest memories of “real” ministry was watching his mother, the late Evangelist Virginia D. Thompson, make the necessary behind the scenes sacrifices to ensure the effectiveness of the Sunday morning ministry. He takes as much pride in his days of cleaning church bathrooms alongside his mother on Saturday mornings as he does in preaching and teaching the Gospel to a Sunday morning crowd. After faithfully serving his leaders, Bishop Charles H. Harris, Sr. (Establishmentarian) and Mother Doris E. Harris (Pastor-Emeritus) for sixteen years, Pastor Thompson was installed as the Pastor of the Morning Star Full Gospel Assembly on July 20, 2014 and was appointed to Senior Pastor, just one year later.
Pastor Rubin and Lady Yvonne have two adult children (Olivia and Jordan) who have grown up as active participants in ministry, serving alongside their parents. Their family is a living example that “those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God” (Psalm 92:13).
Elder Thompson fell in love with music ministry at a young age, realizing the joy and deliverance that comes through praising and worshipping God. He has directed church choirs, organized praise and worship teams and even began a Children’s Gospel Choir at the school were he formally taught, The Children’s Storefront in NYC. Through directing and leading the Children’s Storefront Gospel Choir, Elder Thompson has had the opportunity to share the Gospel in song on the “Today” Show and “Emeril Live”; and to sing in such prestigious venues such as St. John’s Cathedral, the United Nations, Rockefeller Center and others.